Attorney Kyle B. Smith grew up in Southern California raising steers in 4-H and working on his parent’s 3 acre orange orchard. He graduated from the University of California, Davis, in 1976 with a B.A. in American history, and law school at Willamette University in Salem Oregon in 1980. He was on the Willamette Law Review and published an article in 1979 on Native American law.
He passed the Ohio Bar in 1980 and began a two year teaching career at the University of Toledo Law School in Toledo, Ohio. In 1982 he began working for Ashtabula County Legal Aid and the Public Defenders Office and was appointed the Assistant Prosecutor for the City of Ashtabula in 1984. Later in 1984 he became the Law Director of Conneaut, Ohio and served in that capacity until June 1995.
He has been in private practice since 1991 in Jefferson, Ohio. He has served on the boards of Homesafe, United Way, Ashtabula County Legal Aid, Leadership, the Ashtabula Arts Center, Ashtabula Arts Foundation, Community Counseling and the Conneaut Area City Board of Education.
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon
- University of California
B.A. – 1976
Major: American History
- Estate Planning/Probate
- Family Law – General
- Real Estate – Deeds/Purchase Agreements/Litigation
- Construction Law
- Municipal/Zoning/Civil Rights
- Bankruptcy/Chapter 7/13
- Civil Litigation
- Ashtabula County Legal Aid
- Ashtabula Arts Center
- Ashtabula Arts Foundation
- Ashtabula County Community Counseling
- Conneaut Area City Board of Education
- University of Toledo Law School in Toledo, Ohio, Instructor, 1980 to 1982
- Ashtabula County Legal Aid, Public Defender, 1982 to 1983
- Assistant Ashtabula City Solicitor, 1983 to 1984
- City of Conneaut Law Director, 1984 to 1995
- Solicitor, Geneva on the Lake, 2005
Current Employment Position
- Partner, Smith and Miller, Attorneys at Law, 1986
- Ohio, 1980
Let’s find a solution to your legal issues, together. Call 440-576-9155 to get started.