Personal Injury & Car Crash Lawyers serving Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake and Trumbull Counties
Car Accidents, Bike Accidents, Slip and Fall:
We assist people who have been injured in car accidents, bicycle accidents and slip and fall cases. There is a misconception created by television ads and phone book ads that you need a Cleveland or big city lawyer to assist you. But our office and other qualified small town legal offices have been serving the community for twenty years or more and we can do the job without the travel time and insure that your needs, and not office overhead, are met.
You need to understand that there is a two year period of limitations on most accident cases involving cars, bicycles and slip and fall cases. Consult a lawyer as quickly as you can, but be wary of settling your case until your doctor says you are healed or there is nothing more that can be done- you have only one bite at the apple. We believe your recovery is our first priority.
If you are in a car accident, we recommend the following:
- See a qualified medical doctor- the kind with the M.D. or D.O. after their name.
- Follow the doctor’s recommendations to a T, including physical therapy, prescriptions and exercise. If your doctor recommends a specialist, do it.
- Examine your insurance policy. Often, your own insurance policy may include coverage for your medical costs and frequently policies may include coverage for uninsured and underinsured accidents.
- Make sure a police report is filed immediately after the accident and that you obtain a copy of it.
- If you or your car suffers injury or damage, take photographs immediately.
- See a qualified attorney as quickly as you can.
Remember that any medical insurance that pays for your care or treatment has a right of subrogation against any judgment or settlement you obtain. This can be complicated, so make sure you have legal counsel.
Contact Our Office
To schedule a consultation with our attorneys, Ashtabula County residents please call 440-576-4907, residents outside of Ashtabula County please call or contact us online to schedule an appointment. Our Jefferson office is conveniently located right across the street from the Ashtabula County Courthouse.